Friday, April 30, 2010

Lenna's 3 Month Photos

Last Wednesday night we had Lenna's 3 month photos taken by Amanda at Garding Photography. Amanda posted some of her favorite pictures on Garding Photography's facebook page. Hopefully you are able to open this link. If not, I will be getting permission from her to post some pictures once I decide on what to order. They are all so cute! Most of the time when we have a camera around Lenna, she will always smile after you put the camera down, but Amanda was able to capture her grin in a few.!/photo.php?pid=3942462&id=93372449772

Here are some other facts about Lenna:
  • We started a bedtime routine with Lenna from day one that she was home that we would get swaddled and be put in her crib. Once she was swaddled at night she would go to bed right away 90% of the time and then the other 10% she would maybe need her nuk to sleep. She typically still wakes once a night because she's hungry but then I feed her and it takes less than 15 minutes to be up with her and she's back in her crib asleep. Last Monday night when Lenna woke up I found her on her belly screaming! I was a little freaked out, as she was still swaddled and didn't have use of her arms to push herself up. Well, Tony and I decided now that she is rolling over from back to belly it is time to stop swaddling her, there goes our routine. Then on Tuesday night we put her to bed and swaddled her under her arms. She was up twice! Then Wednesday night she slept straight thru until I woke up in the morning to get ready for work and last night she only woke up for her normal feeding. So, to make a long story short, she is no longer being swaddled any more, such a big girl!
  • Lenna doesn't have much interest in her nuk right now. As you can see in the 3 month pictures, her hand is her best friend. Well, that is why we started giving her a nuk. Anyhow, it just goes to show you can't control what these little babies decide they want to do. She's still cute even when I hear this huge sucking sound in the back seat and get her out of the car and she's got her whole hand in her mouth!
  • Lenna's favorite toys have been her taggy blanket and some other toys from Manhatten Toy that Grandma Sue bought her. How convenient that Grandma Sue works for a toy company.

A quick update on Lenna's Grandpa Frank. He is doing much better and they have lowered his pain medication. Grandpa Frank may not be able to lift Lenna when we got visit because she's more than 10 lbs but he is ready to spoil her! Yeah, to Frank doing well during his recovery.

It's Lenna's Grandpa Lenny's 65th birthday today. I took a picture of Lenna with her Grandpa this morning before she went to daycare and will be sure to post it as soon as I get it uploaded.