Friday, December 25, 2009

Santa ran over the Stork

Merry Christmas little unborn Lenna! We are a firm believer that you would be here now if Santa Claus would not have ran over the Stork with his sleigh and reindeer. We are now 38 weeks, 5 days today. We had a doctor's appt yesterday and Lenna is fully engaged in the birth canal, which is at a 0 position and 2 cm dilated, and 80% effaced. Non of that really means much because it could be anywhere from 1 hour to 2 weeks yet. Dr. McCarl did say that now that baby is at 0, the odds are very slim we will have any complications due to my previous pelvic fractures for delivery. She said doctors can check out the bottom of the pelvis out but its hard to know what the top of it will do with all the pressure. She's not worried about induction until we hit 41 weeks, which is along with my birth plan.

Tony and I had a nice Christmas Eve at my Mom's with my brothers and their families. Lots of joking and laughing, which still didn't put me into labor. We had a very nice Christmas today. Lots and lots of snow. Tony and I made a Christmas quiche and had my Dad, brother Keith, his wife Kelli and niece Amber over this morning. We went to visit Tony's sister Denise and her husband Eric and their 3 kids Josh, Austin and Jordyn who are so cute. My niece Amber is staying over tonight to hang out so we are just kicking back now and waiting for Lenna to arrive.